Krieger School of Arts & Sciences Green Team
Left to Right: Justin Bledin, Bobby Byrd, Julia Friedrich, Nicole Goode, Richard Helman, David Kosko, Sabrina Raymond, Susan Soohoo, Boris Steinberg. Not Pictured: Barbara Birsit, Morris Hunt, Peggy MacKenzie, Yvonne Moore-Jones, Marva Philip, Tonya Shephard, Carol Young.
A number of offices are pursuing Green Office Certifications, and those that already have, are continuing to make changes to increase their scores.
A few examples of the Green Team's successes include:
- For Earth Day 2014, the team partnered with the School of Education Green Team to collect surplus office supplies that were then donated to city school teachers.
- Collections boxes were setup throughout Krieger Hall for recycling pens, energy bar wrappers, and ink cartridges.
- The Mathematics Department recently installed power management settings on all of its computers.
- The Center for Language Education removed its 5-gallon bottled water dispenser and replaced it with a Quench filtered water system.
- An onboarding document was created for Krieger Hall, which provides a quick sustainability overview for new employees and students in the building.
Green Office Certifications:
Offices can pursue Green Office Certification by completing a sustainability checklist. A score up to 5 feathers can be earned and offices represented by Green Team members are listed below.
Department of Anthropology
Zanvyl Krieger Mind/Brain Institute
Department of Biology
Department of Philosophy
Meeting Schedule & Contact Information:
The Krieger School of Arts & Sciences Team meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 11:00. To learn more about the team's efforts or to join, please contact the team's leader:
Kelly Collingsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Updated: November 25, 2014
Think before you print.
Office paper is highly recyclable, but a lot gets wasted. Waste reduction is more cost-effective than recycling because it reduces the amount of material that needs to be collected, transported and processed.